Born in the North
Canada Goose was born in the Arctic, where the difference between life and death, quite literally, hangs by a thread. It’s the only place where we can fully understand the what the meaning of “cold” really is, and it’s why we do what we do. But it’s not for everyone. Some call the Arctic landscape relentless. Dark, dangerous and uninviting. We call it home. It’s also home to the people of the North – the foremost experts in cold. Just as the Italians know knits and the British know wool, northern communities know parkas. Like us, they embrace living off the land and have a strong and meaningful respect for nature. We honour them, never losing sight of the wisdom we can learn from their patience, resilience and deep connection to all that surrounds them.
Our Purpose – We inspire and enable all people to engage with the outside world.
At Canada Goose, nature is our North Star. We aren’t simply linked to nature – we’re guided and inspired by it. Our connection to the environment compels us to design functionally superior products so people can immerse themselves in the outside world. Our first parkas were made for northerners, those living in the coldest places on Earth. Today, our products continue to be designed for the extreme outdoors, but they’ve also been adapted for all aspects of modern life – past the four walls that shelter us and beyond our everyday experiences. Whether you’re crossing the rugged terrain of Antarctica or commuting in rush-hour during a downpour, we endure any extreme, observe every detail, and take the long view to make clothing that enables everyone to live out there, wherever “out there” is for them.
Our Core Belief – Greatness Is Out There
Canada Goose is more than a company that makes best-in-class outerwear. We’re a community that’s propelled forward by one core belief: greatness. Greatness has driven us to where we are today, and it’s always been at the heart of Canada Goose. It’s a journey, not a destination. Whether that means honouring traditional methods of craftsmanship, supporting explorers around the globe, or enabling people to discover more about the world, we’re moving towards something bigger than ourselves. Greatness is about making possibilities limitless, and creating your own definition of what it means to you here at Canada Goose.
- Manage the team of analysts and coordinators for inventory management:
- Set goals for the year
- Weekly 1:1s and team meetings
- Clear communication on roles and regular feedback
- Ensure adequate staffing of the inventory control team to cover peak season – plan for contracts when necessary. Work with the Sr. manager supply chain to add new roles when needed– particularly regarding the development of new capabilities along the process of setting up the Supply Chain control function.
- Manage and ensure compliance for cycle counts, inventory adjustments and yearly physical inventories where necessary for all EMEA warehouses and retail stores
- Review SOP’s and procedures for cycle counts and inventory adjustment documentation
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to ensure SOX compliance
- Organize opening and closing of cycle counts
- Ensure that schedules for visits and monitored counts are communicated to warehouses, internal and external auditors
- Manage 3rd party vendors to support with management visits and auditors
- Support new projects with IT testing and support where needed
- Complete documentation such as cycle count reporting/inventory comparison reports
- Plan and coordinate daily/weekly/monthly control and discrepancy resolution of our finished goods inventory across our International 3PL sites and within CG’s own inventory positions across its facilities
- Adhere to inventory reporting, adjustment, investigative and control policies, procedures and regulatory-compliance requirements related to Finished Goods
- Comply with laws, regulations and standards
- Liaise and work directly with the 3PL provider, Finance and Inventory teams in order to execute daily/weekly/monthly inventory controls, reconciliation and adjustments
- Monitor KPI as related to inventory position metrics, inventory control and cycle counting
- Rectify inventory discrepancies such as damages, shortages and system-related issues
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly inventory adjustments according to CG control policies
- Control and maintain inventory SOP documentation and train outwardly to 3PL
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with team members and cross-functionally
- Manage virtual and physical warehouse segregation based on channel or quality such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and samples
- Create transfer orders in ERP system to move products to another warehouse/channel
- Assist retail team for inventory control related tasks and processes
- Manage QA related tasks such as transferring stock to quarantine for inspection and give clear guidelines towards 3PL
- Close/direct collaboration with various Canada Goose departments to manage and resolve logistics inventory issues as they emerge each day
- Support in the management and execution of various inventory-based projects and innovative tasks throughout the year that result in change and growth; inclusive of RFP process, control measures and various operational and process innovation initiatives in conjunction with the Supply Chain management and related teams
- Design in close collaboration with the Sr. Supply Chain Manager the roadmap for setting-up ‘Supply Chain Services’ and work out/present ideas about specific new functions to strengthen the Supply Chain.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or similar level of education as a minimum
- 5-7 years of business experience, preferably in a supply chain, logistics or transportation environment
- Proficiency in English language
- Accurate inventory to a 99.8% target across finished goods storage facilities
- Accurate and up to date data on all KPIs
- Completion of daily cycle counts & inventory reconciliations on time
- Successful completion of annual FG physical counts
- Exceptional relationships with internal stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Able to lead, inspire team as well as provide clear feedback
- Able to work with and communicate effectively with multiple departments and people
- Solid analytic skills, proven ability to manipulate data and provide timely results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good financial and business awareness
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems, as well as Microsoft Office products
- Previous Inventory Control experience preferred
- Office & Manufacturing environment
- Travel to 3PL, contractors, and CG owned locations will also be required (up to 40% travel required)
Wurde dein Interesse geweckt? Dann bewerbe dich noch heute.
Bitte verweise bei der Bewerbung auf Basads.ch/jobs – Vielen Dank für deine Unterstützung!
Jetzt direkt bewerben
Weitere Stellenangebote findest du unter Basads.ch/jobs.